What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Bowling Green
You know you must safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you store your possessions. But what is the best kind of home protection? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary decisions you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Bowling Green and see what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a third-party monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at any moment. Whenever an entrypoint sensor trips or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring specialists are issued a prompt alert. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include a backup team. You can think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you have to act to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Bowling Green
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup on your side is always smart. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your smartphone, your property and those inside will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll respond quicker to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior components and smooth integration: When you get tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Countless individuals would rather have the install done by qualified experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This is likely to be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Bowling Green
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers may deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an added fee. Others might want to go with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to incorporate equipment when you desire - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security warning? This situation equates to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you need help during the installation, you may have to employ a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Bowling Green
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Bowling Green from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the ideal choice for your family. Call (270) 262-8554 today to get started.