Home security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—a sign that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras are equipped with a plethora of features all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Bowling Green.
How To Set Up Your Bowling Green Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your video surveillance in the optimal spots around your living space is the right place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, front and patio, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your family should be a major concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device layout is only the first step in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Bowling Green. The features listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your mobile device anytime abnormal motion is detected. You can also program cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to film and store clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: The majority of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to people through the device. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at an area. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to protect specific locations within your living space.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Bowling Green is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (270) 262-8554 or submit the form below to start personalizing your security system today.