You might recollect the recent past when home security was confined to where you could run wires in your home. Forget positioning a security camera on a countertop or governing your system with a smartphone. However, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You now have a range of added advantages at your disposal -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Bowling Green will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
Perhaps the most vital aspect of wireless home security can be summed up in two words - internet connection. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you’re concerned about power or internet outages, look for security systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists at all times.
If you reside in a more rural area without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired installation will probably be better. Or It could also benefit you financially to choose the traditional route if you relocate to a residence that already has wiring connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Bowling Green will enhance the safety of your property, which is the primary objective to begin with. On the other hand, if you welcome the possibility of having the latest technology, check out the following perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the devices in your home from your locking systems to your security cameras right from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You can view camera footage, turn on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you forgot to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency comes up, you are able to have notifications delivered straight to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and lengthy installations. One of the best aspects of wireless components is that you are able to install them just about in any location and with little time or effort. If you wish to customize later with new equipment, incorporating elements into your configuration is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless capability makes smart home interactions possible with fast, two-way communications. You can set your components to perform a function in certain situations to enhance your security and discourage intrusions. For instance, if your exterior video camera discovers odd movement along your home’s perimeter, it is able to signal your entryway lighting to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Bowling Green
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Bowling Green are known to be reliable, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless elements could run out of power. However, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally have to be placed within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders for some packages to boost your flexibility.
- Like other computer networks, the threat of getting hacked persists. But you are able to take action to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default configurations, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only use security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Professionals
Are you ready to take advantage of the latest in Bowling Green wireless home security? Call (270) 262-8554 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your residence.